The transition to hybrid work models undoubtedly revolutionized the way businesses operate. The statistics speak for themselves: nearly 50% of employees are now working from home part of the week, with approximately 20% of them fully embracing remote work for three or more days each week.
This seismic shift has necessitated a recalibration of office dynamics. Surprisingly, the results have been overwhelmingly positive, with businesses discovering that employees can maintain their productivity levels while working remotely. It’s a win-win scenario, fostering flexibility for employees and cost-saving opportunities for employers.
However, amid this transformation, one aspect that demands special attention is the effective management of printing in the hybrid work environment. With fewer employees frequenting the physical office space, it’s essential to reevaluate the needs and dynamics of the workplace. This includes assessing office real estate requirements, adjusting layouts, reconsidering furniture choices, and perhaps most critically, rethinking your office’s approach to printing.
Adapting Your Office To A Hybrid Print Environment
Before you decide to make any changes to your existing printing infrastructure, take the time to conduct a thorough review of your new hybrid print environment. Begin by analyzing the printing devices currently at your disposal, understanding their capabilities, and assessing how they align with your adjusted office layout. To effectively manage your printing requirements, consider the following options:
- Optimize Existing Devices: Reallocate your current printing devices based on their individual capabilities and their potential to support employees in the hybrid office setting.
- Reduce Device Count: Minimize the number of print devices in your office to align with your actual printing needs.
- Embrace Efficiency: Replace larger, more expensive A3 devices with space-efficient A4 multifunctional devices or printers, optimizing both space and cost.
- Go Digital: Transition paper-intensive processes to digital workflows wherever possible, further reducing the need for physical printing.
- Leverage Managed Print Services: Explore the benefits of implementing a managed print service program that effectively tracks and manages print use, ultimately reducing print expenses.
Secure and Efficient Remote Printing
In the context of remote printing, the seemingly straightforward solutions of allowing employees to use their personal printers or providing them with company-supplied printers can introduce significant security risks. Hackers can exploit these vulnerabilities, potentially leading to costly compliance breaches.
When considering materials that employees need to print, prioritize office-grade compact printers or multifunctional devices. These devices should feature robust security capabilities, including data encryption between the computer and the printing device, as well as the ability to encrypt and securely delete data stored on the device’s hard drive.
Additionally, explore print devices that offer user access control features, such as requiring a user ID and password or other authentication methods, to prevent unauthorized use, particularly in remote settings. Unauthorized printing not only leads to supply waste but also opens the door to potential data security breaches.
Managed Print Services for the Modern Hybrid Office
The market now offers a wide array of small, compact, and affordable A4 printers and multifunctional devices that meet the highest standards of security and efficiency. Managed print services programs have made it easier than ever to track remote print device usage and offer an array of benefits, including:
- Usage Monitoring: Gain valuable insights into how employees are utilizing their remote printers and multifunctional devices.
- Authentication Policies: Enforce strict policies that mandate user authentication, ensuring that company-provided printers and multifunctional devices are exclusively used by authorized personnel.
- Flexible Printing Options: Grant employees the freedom to decide whether a document should be printed at home or sent to an office printer, further enhancing flexibility.
- Automatic Supplies Replenishment: Simplify the printing experience for remote employees by setting up automatic supplies replenishment, alleviating the burden of ordering and storing print supplies.
- Proactive Maintenance Monitoring: Stay ahead of device maintenance or service needs, ensuring uninterrupted workflow for remote employees.
Moreover, these tools can seamlessly integrate with cloud technologies, enabling deployment without the need for a centralized server. The result is a simplified, efficient, and cost-effective approach to managing the print needs of your remote workforce.
Contact Waltz Business Solutions for Your Hybrid Print Environment
To successfully navigate the challenges and opportunities presented by the hybrid work model, it’s imperative to conduct a comprehensive print assessment, develop strategic redeployment plans, and explore managed print services.
At Waltz Business Solutions, we specialize in crafting customized solutions to balance print hardware, service, document management, workflow solutions, and support services. Our goal is to align your print infrastructure with the unique needs of your evolving hybrid office.
Contact us today to schedule a comprehensive assessment and consultation. Let’s embark on a journey to enhance productivity, reduce costs, and streamline your hybrid office printing setup for a more productive future.