Modern businesses have become dependent on information technology. Employees have to manage documents throughout the life-cycle diligently. Companies spend 30 to 50% of their time searching for documents. They attribute the loss of time to gaps in front and back-office operations. The following lays out the full document life-cycle management process and it’s benefits…
Document Life-cycle Management Process
The owners, professionals and officers of the business must know the company’s needs and it’s document workflow. Only then is it possible to design a simple integrated solution.
The Stages of the Document Management Cycle…
- Creation – When a document is created, its life cycle begins.
- Data Capturing – Conversion and capture of all undigitized documents
- Classification – After a document has been created, it needs to be properly classified.
- Proper Storage – The well classified digital files will get stored .Storage depend on business needs and security. It can be in-house on the web or cloud storage
- Utilization – Retrieving data is one of the essential steps in a document life-cycle. Conduct accurate and rapid searches using word, phrases and metadata
- Backup – Secure the documents through regular backup operation. Storing copies may seem redundant, but it is crucial for ensuring business continuity
- Management – This step is the cornerstone of a successful document life-cycle management process. Only the latest version gets stored for ready access and further modifications.
- Share and Distribute – Multiple employees can work on the same set of documents simultaneously. Communication technologies facilitate team collaboration.
- Destruction or Archival – It is important to destroy irrelevant data using manual and automated processes.
- Preservation – Valuable, in-demand documents get preserved for posterity. The document lifecycle management process ends with preservation.
The Benefits of Document Life-cycle Management
- Reduced Costs – Sophisticated software helps to route the tasks to the most economical devices. The system identifies the right kind of equipment to deliver low-cost services.
- Integrated Technology – For high volume data, integrated technologies and enterprise solutions can automate the whole process as well as make them more secure.
- Full Document Control – Sophisticated software tools can implement access control mechanisms and simple tracking methods that assure secure and controlled access. Tasks like printing, scanning, copying, and faxing can be monitored.
- Increased Efficiency and Productivity – Audit trails will ensure fiscal responsibility and transparency and fulfill your regulatory needs and compliance. Automated digital processes will increase operational speed without loss in quality or accuracy, allowing the staff to focus on productivity.
Waltz Has Document Life-cycle Management Solutions
We specialize in delivering results incorporated in the complete document life-cycle, from creation to destruction.
> Learn More
About Waltz Business Solutions
“If your document haltz… Call Waltz!” Waltz Business Solutions offers copying, printing, faxing and document storage solutions from the best in the industry – Kyocera, Hewlett Packard, and Samsung.
> Learn More